Friday, July 3, 2009

Another Baby Update

Sorry for the silence. Been pretty busy lately and tired too. I had a Dr appointment this past Monday with another one of the OB’s cuz mine was on holidays and I must say I was impressed, he was very thorough and I like him a lot.

 

We talked about the ultrasound results, everything was great. We also talked about my back pain and he said that it’s from SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) which is quite common in pregnancy. I had it last time but it wasn’t in my back like this time. So I am going to try some massage soon to see if that helps. There was no sugar in my u.r.i.n.e. this time and my BP was perfect so that’s great news! He also talked to me a little bit about how they do twin births here. Apparently there is what they call the Case room which used to be an OR room that they now use for twin births, he said I will labor in one room and be transferred to this room to deliver. He also told me I would have a lot of people in there watching so not to worry. I told him that I had a lot in there last time so I wasn’t worried LOL. I did ask him though if there would be people monitoring me did that mean I would most likely be able to have an epidural and he said yes, YAY!! (Our hospital doesn’t usually give them, they say it’s a staffing issue cuz then they have to have someone monitoring you…well if they’re already going to be there it makes sense to give an epi if mommy wants one.) I was lucky and got one with Maddy last time because they had to regulate my contractions with oxytocin which meant a nurse had to monitor me so I was very thankful for that!

 

Anyway, that’s the latest news. I have another appointment July 14th and another ultrasound July 13th. I am pretty tired, been up way too late and been getting up too early so this mom is tuckered out. Plus I didn’t get my nap in today so that’s probably a big factor heehee. I am still hoping to get the girls’ b-day pics edited and posted but I need time and since I usually try and nap while Maddy is sleeping there just never seems to be any spare time. Hopefully I can get it done soon. :)

No comments: