Friday, July 10, 2009

Catch up Again

Well there’s nothing like playing catch up and that seems to be all I do these days LOL! Sorry still no b-day pics, was busy on Wednesday but hopefully soon!

 

Maddy had her 1 yr checkup yesterday and it went well. Dr H said she’s doing great. She is 22 lbs, and …oops I just went to calculate her height and head in inches (vs centimeters) and ummm lets’ just say apparently the nurse didn’t get it right. My baby is apparently only 11.5 inches tall…NOT, so I guess I don’t know how tall and big her head is right now LOL. Guess I will have to measure her myself for her baby book. At least the weight is right though. LOL!

 

What else is new? Not much. I have an ultrasound on Monday and a Dr’s appt on Tuesday so it will be a busy 2 days. I can’t wait to find out how much these little ones weigh. It feels like they weigh a ton already! I also finally ordered my maternity nursing bras, yeah I’m excited about that….do you think that’s weird? I LOVE getting packages in the mail!

 

Mommy is doing ok. I am finding things getting harder and harder by the day physically and thus emotionally. But I guess that’s to be expected. Today has not really been a great day.

 

Disclaimer: If you are opposed to pregnant women ranting and raving then you may just want to click that pretty little red X in the right corner of your browser now LOL. No it’s not that bad but seeing as how just moving is getting harder even the smallish things upset me lately.

 

I haven’t been able to wear my wedding rings for sometime now, it bugs me, it REALLY REALLY bugs me. I feel naked and judged without them. (I am pretty sure that has to do with being a single mom my first pregnancy and all the comments I heard back then.) Anyway, so once again today I went to scour the mall for any fake wedding type rings in sterling silver (since I can’t wear anything but that or gold) and again no luck. :(  Since I had fat fingers BEFORE I got preggo they are really fat now and all the glamour rings etc only come in sizes 6, 7 or 8 I was told today at every store I went to. Man, nothing like makin a big fat preggo lady feel good about herself. I mean it’s not bad enough that I am growing out of all my clothes, that my belly is that of a 39 week pregnant lady at only 29, that I can’t do any housework or take care of my family properly or do much of anything really, that I am sick all the time, that I have gained way too much and half of it seems to have gone to my face, that I just want to feel normal again but you have to add this insult to injury???? Ok now I’m crying, yes very stupid but no one ever said pregnancy was easy I guess.

 

So there you have it, miracles come at a very hefty price, it’s hard to take, it’s hard to stay sane and it’s hard to feel ok about yourself. But I guess it’s the price we pay for those sweet little angels who fill our lives with joy. Maddy and Kelsey sure do and these 2 will as well, I am just trying to make it through the best I can these days when pregnancy gets to be too rough.

 

And I bet you’re thinking all of this over a ring?! LOL yes, yes…that’s exactly what it’s all about and if you’ve ever been pregnant or been close to someone who was/is then you know just how sarcastic I mean that last sentence heehee.

 

Ok enough whining, I told you to click the X. Now go ahead and click the X, I’m done for now. Maybe I will try and edit a few pics of my 2 beautiful girls to put me in a better mood. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I would have known about the rings...I would have suggested Penningtons. They have some pretty cool jewels that even skinny ppl come shopping for...best of all the rings fit like sz 10+