Thursday, May 21, 2009

So many things to remember to tell you ;)

Wow so much to catch up on! Maddy is one action packed adventure LOL! She's getting way more teeth and we have been having trouble with her not wanting to eat her dinner, I think this is the reason. We went from garbage guts to pickier than picky! The whole top of her mouth is white gums like they are all there just waiting to break through and I think her right top one is almost there!

This past weekend was a long weekend and since my dayhome provider took thursday and friday off too I took some vacation and had a 5 day weekend! It was nice but Mads was so cranky with c.o.n.s.t.i.p.a.t.i.o.n and her teeth that it's wasn't exactly a relaxing 5 days heehee. We did take Mads to the lake or shall I say swimmimn hole LOL to play in the sand, hopefully I can upload those pics later this weekend.

She did say a few cute things this weekend, I don't know if I'd count them as real words since she doesn't say them often or they mostly just sound like a word but it's still cute.

Sat/Sun morning (can't remember which) I was feeding Maddy some baby cereal with fruit and she was acting like she didn't want to eat it. So I asked her "Are you sick of eating baby cereal?" And she said "Yeah" plain as day LOL it's not like she knew to say that then but it was hilarious!

She also dropped a toy and said "Uh Oh" and when she saw her sister jumping on the trampoline she said something that sounded a lot like Sissy. And tonight she looked at daddy and said hi. So she's saying words but not really understanding them yet I think. It's cute nontheless.

So today we had another ultrasound. I am 22 weeks right now and can I say already falling prey to aches and pains. I feel huge already and really struggle with wrapping my brain around how big I will get and how much longer I have to go. Babies are definitely miracles and I need to make sure to cook these 2 as long as I can but I really need to find the strength to be able to do it.

So everything looked great on today's scans, one is still definitely a boy. He was still showing it off to anyone who was looking heehee. The other is still most likely a girl although it was hard to tell since she was basically curled up in a ball today. The tech said they looked like they were spooning, how cute! Best friends already!

So their heartbeats were 142 and 143 which are good and they each weigh 1 pound .04 ounces which again is a bit ahead of their gestational age (I could have sworn she said 1.4 but the ounces would have been way off so it has to be 1.04). The ultrasound tech said we have 2 big babies in there, like singleton big. Ummmm I barely made it carrying one 8.4 pound baby last time...how could I ever carry 2 of them?!?! I am only 5 foot one for goodness sake and there is only so much room for rent! I guess these are normal worries for moms of multiples. But all in all everything looks good! So that is definitely something to be thankful for, for sure!

I have a dr's appointment this coming Tuesday, I'm supposed to get a non stress test but from what I've read and heard they don't usually start them til 30 weeks or so, I'm thinking it might be a scheduling mistake but whatever. The more monitoring the better I say. A non stress test is just where they have heartbeat monitors on your tummy for each baby and a monitor that measures if momma is having any contractions, that's it. It can take from about 20 minutes to an hour depending on if the babies cooperate.

Otherwise we are all here still, exhausted but still here. ;) I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a maternity belt to help hold up my growing belly and I also finally found a bunny that is exactly the same as maddy's current bunny as a backup, don't ask how much I paid for it though LOL!

I would show you the pics from today but the stinkin scanner at work is still not scanning right so I will just scan them here at home this weekend, I am just too tired tonight.

Both the girls bdays are coming up soon so we are busy trying to think of gifts etc for them. My how time flies!

Ok well I have more to say but as I said I am exhausted and Maddy is whining like there is no tomorrow due to her teeth. I think we could both use an early bedtime. ;)

No comments: