Monday, June 15, 2009

Computer Woes :(

Ugh so my computer woes continue to plague me. Sometime last week this beloved box of mine started acting up. I tried all night to fix it and when I couldn’t I gave up and turned it off. When I came home from work the next night and turned it on I was so happy to see it back to life, alas that was short lived! I am so sad that it’s not working right. At least I have my netbook or I would go crazy but even it has been having troubles. Weird huh?


It seems (seemed) as though everytime I tried to fix either one using a system restore point that Windows would run an update and the problems would magically reappear. I am thinking that this is what caused the problem to begin with. Now my netbook seems fixed (thank goodness) but not my beloved big ole box.

Without photoshop I can’t edit my girlies 1st birthday pictures or do any layouts. I tried to see if I could do a repair install of XP and no go. That is not an option when I put the XP disk in. Then it seemed to come up saying something about a bad partition, I can’t remember. I googled it and it wasn’t good. And the newest thing…well it just starts up to a black screen that says it can’t load the operating system.
I am thinking I have to do a complete install of XP and lose everything. Now, everything extremely important is backed up thank goodness (!!!!!) but that still leaves me without my favorites (which is a huge list and will never be the same again), all my photoshop settings etc will be put back to square one, (NOOOOOO!!!) not to mention my other programs and all my software will have to be reloaded…one by one. UGH! And I am hoping that this fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, well I don’t even want to think about that cuz I will cry. Hopefully I can edit the photos some other way and also hopefully I can get the computer to work by reformatting and reinstalling XP. Here’s to hoping. ;)

No comments: