Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009 everyone! WOW time goes by fast!

 

We didn't do much to ring in the new year, it's not a "big" party day for us but I had planned on cooking a nice steak dinner for us. Only thing was that once the ziploc bag of meat thawed...it was a roast and NOT steak and it was way too late to try and cook a roast for supper LOL. Sooooo after a brief snit on my part (yeah I get irritable when I can't eat what I want to eat LOL! Oh and I'm like Joey on friends...I don't share food, but that's irrelevant LOL!) we decided to go out for dinner. We headed to Montanas and it was quite busy but wow we walked right in. I had my steak dinner, first time having steak there and it was very good (pricey but good).

 

Maddy was in love with the restaurant. First off it's always very noisy in there, there's all sorts of things on the walls and they have brown paper covering the tables, she kept picking up the paper and trying to fling it up and down almost knocking over our drinks, but hey that's fun to a 6 month old heehee.

 

The BEST part of the dinner was when we heard a little baby squealing like Maddy does when she's excited, what did Maddy do? Of course she recognized her own language, perked right up and started talking (ok sqealing) back! It was ADORABLE and HILARIOUS!!! Everytime she heard that baby she'd talk back for the rest of the night heehee. She also had a ton of fun standing and sitting on the table and making googly eyes (my lingo for just being/making cute) at all the other people she could see. She LOVES getting compliments and did she ever get a ton last night LOL!

 

So after dinner we came home and watched Stepbrothers, um yeah it was ok but not great. We inadvertantly rang in the new year each on our own new ipods playing around and realized 2 minutes later that we missed it so we had our new years eve kiss late LOL!

 

Not much going on today, it's 2 and I still haven't cleaned up for the day and DH is working in the basement. All the sanding is done so YAY it's time for primer and maybe paint this weekend! Soon we will have a whole new place to play! Oh and while I remember, it's so cute, when I take Mads down into the basement she just looks around astonished like wow where are we LOL! It's soo cute, she does the same thing when she goes into her sister's room...guess those are places she never really goes in the house LOL!

 

Ok Maddy's nap will be over soon, I'm actually shocked she's been sleeping for a hour and a half now so I'd better run! HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone we know and love!!! And I promise to post pictures of stuff soon (been a little too heavy on the words and no pics lately I know.) Till next time!

No comments: