Sunday, July 1, 2007

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Happy Canada Day! I LOVE Canada day! Today we are going to the local fesitivities as one of our local parks. It will be so much fun! And tonight...fireworks!!! YIPPEE!

Since I have been spending wayyyy to much time on the computer I spent the afternoon with DH shopping and making a cool fountain for our deck. He had seen this one at a great garden store, it had a bamboo spigot and what looked like a steel garden pot with a few water plants in it. Soooo yesterday we went to take a look, we ended up buying the spigot but wanted to shop around for a pot that matched better than a steel one. We found exactly what we wanted at Home Depot! Of course since there were other sizes I had to buy them just so that if we put flowers out on the deck next summer the pots would match (ROFL yeah I'm like that). Well we got it all home and set it up, looked awesome! So then we decided we needed some plants to go with it, to match the pots I had bought ahead of time, lol. So off we went back to Home Depot to get some more. Becuase of the look of the fountain I didn't want flowers or anything that wouldn't "match" and that would take away form the look so we bought tropical house plants (yes houseplants outside and I even have garden decorations inside but that's a different story, lol). And I am LOVIN how it all turned out!

Now we need the new patio furniture that we have been eyeing...next year though. LOL! So wanna see pictures? I warn you it is a simple little arrangement but it reflects my taste and what I love to see in and around my home. So here are a few pictures. ;)







This is my little tropical corner in the prairies! I love it and the sound it makes is so relaxing! And those pots when I found them were so perfect and matched the bamboo of the spigot much better than a steel one! Now you can see why I stocked up, lol!
Well I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and to all my fellow Canadians, HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

4 comments:

Mojo said...

this is a very nice arrangement, it's kind of tropical and country rustic looks great.

Chris said...

These look great! I'm in the market for some deck stuff myself. I hadn't thought about a fountain, but now....hmmmm. Thanks for the great pics!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pots! That looks really lovely, nice job!

Pam said...

Awesome fountain Michelle! We have two ponds and I agree, I just love the soothing water sounds!