Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Somnambulism you say?!

So darling daughter has been having sleep problems since Christmas. It usually happens after she has been away from home and has appeared again this week after spending only one night away from home this weekend.

At Christmas time she started having night terrors, screaming and crying at the top of her lungs in the middle of the night. One night she was throwing stuffed animals at her door so hard I was actually scared to go in there, I totally thought she was possessed!

She sleepwalks a lot too, usually coming out to the living room to tell us she can't sleep...um they don't call is sleep walking for nothin honey. Or she yells at the dog to get out of her room when my hubby and I and the dog are all watching tv happily in the living room. Thankfully the worst peak is behind us and the doctor assured us that her somnambulism (sleep walking) and night terrors are normal at her tender age of 8.

Last night as I was getting ready for bed she comes waltzing out of her room, hair stuck to her head, running saying there is such a good show on tv! I look at her and say You're not supposed to be watching tv and walk her back to her room. Of course the tv isn't on...when she wakes up should I tell her that wasn't tv, it's called a dream?! LOL, I think she knows. She is so cute, but seriously these fits can be terrifying for a parent. I hope she gets over them soon.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Ugh Chelle I know what you are going thru! I went thru the night terror thing with my DS from the time he was about 3 until he was about 6! It was bad when he was on the top bunk! LOL! Our doc gave us a great way of breaking it and it worked, just holler if you want any help!